YOU who are praying for deliverance, favor and breakthrough – expecting I AM (God) to move on your behalf, while refusing to develop your relationship with Christ….Be ye NOT deceived, God will NOT be mocked. Where/What you sow, is where/what you will reap. We cannot sow all (or most) of our time, energy, talents, skills, words, money, etc. into the world’s foolishness (who does not know or acknowledge Him), yet expect to reap a harvest from His hand. (Galatians 6:7) Selah.
How do I develop a relationship with Christ?
1. Accept Christ if you have not already (John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10) Visit this link to learn more.
2. Investing in the study of His Word, on your own apart from Church or watching sermons, reading books about His word (we need to read HIS word). (2 Timothy 2:15, Romans 10:17, Colossians 3:16)
3. Daily communication with Him, through prayer. (Ephesians 6:18, Philippians 4:6, Colossians 4:2, 1 Thessalonians 5:17, 1 Timothy 2:1, Jude 1:20)
4. Allowing yourself to be transformed by His Spirit. That is, turning from things of the world/ways of the flesh that you know displease God, instead of excusing yourself with the old “I’m only human, not Christ” whenever you know you are acting against the ways of His Spirit. It’s a lie and an excuse.
We know this because, 2 Corinthians 5:17 tells us, ” Therefore, if anyone is united with the Messiah, he is a new creation — the old has passed; look, what has come is fresh and new!”. WAY TOO MANY “CHRISTIANS” excuse their flesh, when we should be dying to the flesh that His Spirit might live (Romans 12:2)
NOTE: Transformation by His Holy Spirit is a gradual, ongoing process throughout your life – at no point while we are in our fleshly bodies will we be “perfect” in Christ – so we are to be continuously transformed – “But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.” 2 Corinthians 3:18.
5. It is important to find a church home, or a place to fellowship with other believers who are operating in His Spirit. We also need hear His Word from those who are more mature in the Spirit (sermons, articles, etc. from pastors, teachers, etc).
In the internet age – many churches now broadcast services online for those who don’t have access or can’t get to a church nearby; or who may not feel welcome at traditional churches. Check out http://www.JoyceMeyer.org, www.live.lifechurch.tv, or www.tdjakes.org/echurch/index.php for a few options. NOTE: one cannot substitute attending church for studying the word of God and praying on their own. BOTH are important! If you want to please God, you must not only attend church but you MUST allow His Holy Spirit to develop in you through your own PERSONAL TIME with God.