On Your Own:
1. Spend some time alone this evening writing down your reasons for serving God.
2. Ask God to show you any areas where you are operating out of fear instead of faith and love and then look up scriptures on love and fear and write them in your prayer journal/devotional.
3. Pick your favorite seven scriptures about love and fear and write them on cards and place them in places around your home where you can see them, memorize one each week for the next seven weeks.
4. Tell someone in your life that you know is walking with God faithfully about your fears and ask them to be an accountability partner, encouraging you and helping you learn to seek God from a place of love and reverence rather than fear.
5. Seek out books and sermons on intimacy with God, if you don’t know how to do this, let me know and I’ll refer some or ask someone you know who has a faithful relationship with God.
Romans 8:15 “So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, Abba, Father.” (NLT)
Matthew 10:28 “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”
Psalm 111:10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever!”
1 John 4:18 “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.”
1 John 4:19 “We love Him because He first loved us.” NKJV
1 John 4:7-8 “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.”
John 13:34-35 “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Proverbs 8:17 “I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.”